- A homoeopathic drug, Arsenicum album 30, has become a subject of debate after several states and AYUSH Ministry recommended it for prophylactic (preventive) use against Covid-19.
About Arsenicum album 30:
- How is it made?
- Arsenicum album is made by heating arsenic with distilled water, a process repeated several times over three days.
- The health hazards of arsenic contamination in water are well known, long-term exposure to the metal can cause skin cancer, pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases.
- The homoeopath drug has less than 1% arsenic and Arsenicum Album is considered to correct inflammation in the body.
- Its uses
- Arsenicum album is used commonly by homoeopaths to treat anxiety, restlessness, cold, ulcerations and burning pains.
- Significance in the Context of COVID 19
- The Ministry of Ayush recommended taking a three-day dose on an empty stomach of Arsenicum album 30 as a prophylactic medicine against COVID 19 infections.
- The WHO neither has any guidelines nor any effective evidence on using Arsenicum album as a Covid-19 treatment.