- Recently, the iCommit initiative was launched on the occasion of the World Environment day (5th June).
- Aim: To call upon all stakeholders and individuals to continue moving towards energy efficiency, renewable energy and sustainability to create a robust and resilient energy system for India in the future.
- Nodal agency: The initiative is driven by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), under the administration of the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- A healthy power sector can help the nation in meeting the objective of energy access and security for all.
- It seeks to bring together a diverse spectrum of government and private players to build a new energy future for India.